Friday, May 28, 2010

Life-long Learning

I am on a quest for wisdom and at forty, is it possible? Is it to soon? Or do I have to wait? I say, "not." My life is bracketed by the first lunar landing in 1969 and the BP oil spill, so far. As a personal development exercise, I wrote down a page for every year I've lived and through my development, I realized that I've experienced 24 years of formal educational learning.  The rest is through various work experiences and organizations, most recently with NAAAPSeattle.  You could say that I've been learning all my life.

Since there are an infinite amount of experiences throughout one's lifetime, it would make alot of sense to continue learning and preparing for what lies ahead.  Consider NAAAP Seattle, for example, as an access to support you with rich content and networking in your life-long learning. With that, here's a bit of wisdom I encountered in my quest.

I asked for Strength………
And God gave me Difficulties to make strong.
I asked for Wisdom………
And God gave me Problems to solve.
I asked for Prosperity………
And God gave me Brain and Brawn to work.
I asked for Courage………
And God gave me Danger to overcome.
I asked for Love………
And God gave me Troubled people to help.
I asked for Favours………
And God gave me Opportunities.
I received nothing I wanted
I received everything I needed
My Prayer has been answered
(Anonymous)
 
Regards,
Gil Gido
NAAAP Seattle
President

No comments:

Post a Comment